River Front Development,
Tiruppur Smart City
River Front Development and Convention Centre Development
Tiruppur is situated in the Coimbatore-Tiruchirappalli industrial belt known as “seventh largest industrial corridor of the country “and the “fifth largest urban agglomeration in Tamil Nadu”.
Tiruppur has the leading cotton knitwear and industrial cluster in South India. The industry has experienced rapid growth during the last two decades. With more than 9000 knitwear units in Tiruppur, most of them located along Noyyal river, Sangilipallam Odai and Jamunai Odai. There have been major environmental concerns related to discharge of untreated water into the water bodies have surfaced.
The project was taken up by Darashaw in collaboration with Trippur smart city Ltd for development of riverfront along these river and canal. This will uplift the aesthetic appearance of the city as well as create public spaces where people from different walks of life can benefit.
The major components of the development included:
- Developing recreational activities and commercial development around the area
- Improve access to the river from the surrounding neighbourhoods by providing convenient and safe mobility corridors
- To reuse waste water and to increase the ground water table.
- Restore and revitalize Noyyal River.
- Development of riverfront along this river to uplift the aesthetic appearance of the city
- Preventing environmental deterioration and improved use of public space
- Feasibility Study which includes site investigation and Survey
- Creation of Master Plan
- Preparation of detailed project reports, bill of quantities with cost estimates, and ‘working’ drawings.
- Revenue model
- Bid Document preparation and Tendering
- Project Management Consultancy
- Design and Development