Property and Utility mapping, Greater Chennai Corporation
Greater Chennai Corporation (GCC), Government of Tamil Nadu has initiated a process to improvise governance, physical and social infrastructure. The main thrust of the initiative is to address the needs of the urban sector through an integrated approach for sustainable local economic and urban development.
While IT enablement has helped integrate and analyze large sets of data, the probe for generating revenue using IT is increasingly required. The concept and application of GIS, therefore was found to be viable for meeting the purpose and requirements.
The objective of the assignment is as under:
- To prepare the base map for property and utility.
- To conduct Door-to-Door survey with due linkages to GCC database.
- To enhance the Existing Property Tax collecting system using GIS Tool.
- To facilitate GCC on Planning, Development & Management of infrastructures in GIS platform.
- Strengthening the Existing systems through Spatial data with latest technology.
The project covers 3 broad scope of service
- Base Map Creation using Geo spatial technology
- Door-to-Door Survey to update MIS database and Link with base map
- Training and Implementation.
- GIS Base Map
- Door-to-Door Survey