Drinking Water to Rural Population, Jharkhand
Millions of Indians face deficient access to clean drinking water. Water supply in rural areas, which hold 70% of India’s population, is severely challenged. The Drinking Water and Sanitation Dept, Government of Jharkhand initiated the project to carry out feasibility studies and DPR preparation for various blocks in Jharkhand with the purpose to supply clean drinking water to each household in these blocks.
Project Objectives are:
- provide 100% piped water through sustainable sources
- conserve depleting ground water and
- design a scheme which is economically and financially viable.
Darashaw has four blocks appointed under Package-2 of West Singhbhum District. The blocks include Chaibasa, Khuntpani – It includes two schemes, Bara Chiru & Binj Scheme, Tantnagar and Jhinkpani. At present the blocks are partially or fully not covered under any water supply scheme.
- Feasibility Study & Concept Plan (Existing Situation Analysis, Inventory of existing Infrastructure, Gap Analysis & Concept Plan for 100% coverage) & with Water Mapping of Area.
- Detailed Project Report including detailed engineering design, Administrative/ Land/ Source/ its Approval/ Technical Sanction
- Feasibility and Concept Plan
- DPR Preparation